- Fresh asparagus
- Edamame beans
- Fresh green beans
- Peaches and cream corn
- Shredded cabbage
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Diced leek
- Marinara sauce
- Diced polenta
- Toss the asparagus in olive oil and roast in a 400F oven.
- Steam the green beans.
- Steam the edamame beans and corn. I used frozen varieties for both. In the summer, I would use fresh corn.
- Saute the diced leek and shredded cabbage. One the vegetables are softened, add the diced polenta. I often make my own polenta, but in this case I used the store-bought variety that comes in a roll. You need a firm polenta for this recipe.
- Add the steamed vegetables, marinara sauce, artichoke, and capers. Season to taste. My marinara sauce is home-made and contains a fair amount of full-bodied red wine. Saute until the sauce is fully heated.
- Remove from heat, and add the roasted asparagus.