This salad is very easy to put together, and can be served either cold or warm
For the salad
- Soba noodles, to the amount necessary, depending on number of servings. You can use buckwheat or udon noodles, too.
- Firm tofu
- Red bell pepper
- Mushrooms, of a variety of your choosing. I used king mushrooms this time.
- Sesame seed oil
For the dressing
- Tahini sauce. The amount varies, depending on the number of servings. For two servings, I used 2 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar.
- 3 tablespoons of Braggs, or regular soy sauce
- Freshly grated ginger. I used this sparingly, but add as much as you like.
While the noodles are cooking, saute the diced tofu and bell pepper in the sesame seed oil. When they are cooked to your satisfaction, add and saute the mushrooms. Salt to taste.
Place the dressing ingredients in a blender and mix well. If the dressing is too thin, add some more tahini sauce.
Toss the noodles with the vegetables and dressing. If you want to eat the salad cold, cool the noodles and vegetables, then add the dressing.