I didn’t take a photograph of the finished dish, for some reason, but I have in-process pictures that I’ll use instead. I used frozen peas, corn, and carrots for this recipe, as I wanted it to be quick and easy, but by all means use fresh if you like. I don’t tend to use fresh peas for baked recipes, as it seems a waste of the tender taste of the fresh version, especially since they will be covered in gravy.
- 2 vegetable pastry shells. You can make your own, but I bought them prepared.
- 1 package extra firm tofu, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- Olive oil
- 2 cups corn (I thawed from frozen)
- 2 cups peas and carrot mix (I thawed from frozen)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- soy sauce to taste
- gravy browning
- onion powder to taste
- garlic powder totaste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Saute the onions in olive oil until softened. Add the remaining vegetables and season to taste.
- In a blender, add the gravy ingredients and mix well. Use enough gravy browning to ensure a nice deep colour.
- Cook the gravy over medium heat until it thickens.
- Mix enough gravy into the vegetable mix to coat thoroughly.
- Place the vegetable mixture in the bottom pie shell, and cover with the second. Cut some air vents into the top.
- Bake at 400 until browned