This is a rather weird combination of ingredients, perhaps, but it works. Like most of my recipes, it’s based upon what I need to clear out of my fridge. In this case, I had some collard greens that were starting to wilt. I always have cabbage in my fridge, as it’s one of my favourite vegetables. I needed to use up some vegan sour cream, as well.
- Thinly-sliced green cabbage
- Diced collard greens
- Diced shallots
- Diced garlic
- Sliced shitake mushrooms
- Sweet corn (I used frozen)
- Vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti)
- Salt, to taste
- Steam the cabbage, collard greens, and corn (if using frozen), until tender.
- While the penne are cooking, saute the shallots until transparent, then add the mushrooms and garlic.
- Add the steamed vegetables to the shallots and mushrooms. Season to taste.
- Add sour cream to the vegetable mixture until heated. If necessary, add a little soy milk to thin.
- Toss the sour cream sauce with the penne.
I don’t like my food spicy, but if you do, some chili or hot peppers would work well.