The main ingredient in this dish is cauliflower. I added two other vegetables to the dish for extra texture and flavour, but this isn’t necessary.
- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into florets.
- Broccoli florets
- Fresh (or frozen) peas
- 1 peeled and diced potato
- 1 peeled and diced carrot
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups plant milk (soy milk works best)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp miso
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Boil or steam the cauliflower and broccoli until tender. Set aside.
- Boil the potato and carrot until tender.
- Placed the cooked potato and carrot in a blender and add the remaining ingredients for the cheeze sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Place the cauliflower, broccoli, and peas in an ovenproof dish and cover with the sauce, making sure to cover the vegetables completely.
- Back at 350F (177C) for 20 minutes.